WHAT IS THE WEST FARGO AREA SCHOLARSHIP FUND?
- West Fargo Area Scholarship Fund is a community-based scholarship program. Its goal is to provide financial assistance to students in the West Fargo School District who continue their education after high school. Costs to attend college or technical school continue to escalate, placing the dream of advanced education out of reach for many students. Scholarships awarded from the West Fargo Area Scholarship Fund can help make that dream a reality. The West Fargo Area Scholarship Fund is led by a volunteer board of directors consisting of business leaders, educators, parents and professionals from throughout the community. The organization operates in accordance with their by-laws, legal status, policies and procedures and is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
HOW IS THE SCHOLARSHIP FUND PROGRAM FUNDED?
- The West Fargo Area Scholarship Fund program is funded by the financial contributions of community residents and local businesses. All contributions are tax deductible to the extent provided by state and federal laws.
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT THE WEST FARGO AREA SCHOLARSHIP FUND?
- Your financial contributions and volunteer time are encouraged to ensure the availability of scholarship funds for years to come. Consider sponsoring a scholarship, an annual contribution, or volunteer opportunities available through the organization. Contact the West Fargo High School Counseling Office or Sheyenne High School Counseling Office for current West Fargo Area Scholarship Fund information or write to PO Box 981, West Fargo, ND 58078. In addition, you may also contact Julie Hersch at 701-356-2055 or Krystal Haugen at 701-499-3575.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Greg Mastrud - President
- Julie Hersch - Vice President
- Amanda Engler - Representative
- Troy Ott - Representative
- LuAnne Peterson - Representative
- Krystal Haugen - Representative
- The West Fargo Area Scholarship Fund application is available on the West Fargo High School Counseling Office or the Sheyenne High School Counseling Office website. You may also pick up a copy in your school’s counseling office. The application will be open from March 1, 2016 and due by April 8, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. Please drop your completed application off at your school’s counseling office.